Metal Tech Engineering Precision Machined Aerospace Components, Engine Tooling, Fixtures and Handling Equipment
Metal Tech Engineering is a New Zealand-based AS9100 certified manufacturer with 45 years experience in machining high precision products in high tensile aluminium, steel, titanium and plastics. Metal Tech Engineering manufacture a wide range of aerospace related products including aircraft components and sub assemblies, jet engine tooling, fixtures and handling equipment.
75% of the company’s machining capacity is allocated to the Aerospace Industry with the balance allocated to supplying high precision componentry to the global plastics industry and NZ exporters. Metal Tech Engineering currently offer competitive customer focused manufacturing services to customers in Germany, United Kingdom, United States of America, Australia, China and India.
High-precision machining for the aerospace industry
We supply a wide range of high precision machined components to Aerospace customer requirements. Our core capabilities include:
- CNC turning
- Three & four axis milling
- Five axis simultaneous milling
- Cylindrical, surface and thread grinding
- EDM and wire erosion
- Heat treatment
- Finishing, plating and painting
- Proof load testing
Fabrication of engine fixtures and handling equipment
We fabricate to order, a range of jet engine fixtures and handling equipment utilising many processes including welding, heat treatment, machining, plating and painting.
Aerospace precision manufacturing facility
Metal Tech Engineering facilities are comprehensive. Our commitment to quality and our customers is assured via our stringent quality management systems which are certified to AS9100 and ISO9001.
Our independent ISO17025 accredited metrology laboratory supports our inspection facilities and provides independent traceable certification of specified dimensions when this is requested by our customers.
Approvals and certifications include:
- AS9100 BSI certificate number FM 566655
- AS/NZ ISO 9001:2000 BSI certificate number FM 566655
- NZ/ISO.IEC 17025:2005 IANZ Accredited Laboratory Number 618
Quality control and inspection
Metal Tech Engineering has an impressive record at meeting or exceeding customer quality requirements. This is achieved via rigorous quality control checks throughout the manufacturing process including comprehensive final inspection. Modern inspection equipment, skilled inspectors and metrologists ensure all manufactured items conform to drawing specification prior to release.
These activities are further enhanced by utilising an independent on-site ISO 17025 accredited metrology laboratory specializing in dimensional measurement and calibration.
Quality control and inspection capability
- Inspection plans
- NIST and NPL Traceable Inspection Reports
- Certificates of Conformance
- Full material and process traceability
- Coordinate measuring machines – manual and CNC
- More than 615 calibrated, certified and controlled measuring instruments
- Designated inspection areas (white rooms)
- Fully equipped temperature controlled metrology laboratory
- Laboratory best measurement capability