PIC Wire & Cable Aircraft Cable, Aircraft Cable Assemblies and Aircraft Antenna Gaskets
For 40 years PIC Wire & Cable has been a global provider of aircraft cable, aircraft cable assemblies and aircraft antenna gaskets for demanding commercial, corporate and military aviation, and transport applications. Our aircraft coax cable and aircraft triax cable, including aircraft RF cable and aircraft video cable, are widely specified for use in major aerospace and military systems throughout the world.
Our engineering and procurement services provide rapid prototyping and development along with exceptionally fast and accurate delivery. Our collaborative technical pre-sales assistance aims to help improve your competitiveness in three key areas:
- Better aircraft specifications
- Faster time-to-market
- Lower total costs
Aircraft cables and interconnect products
PIC Wire & Cable offers a proven selection of aircraft cables and interconnect solutions, providing superior performance for advanced electronic applications including:
- Navigation: DME, GPS, radio altimeter, VOR, marker beacon
- Collision Avoidance: TCAS, ACAS, Mode S, TCAD, Skywatch, ADS-B
- Communications: HF, VHF, UHF, AirCell, cellular, Satcom, LANs
- Video: cockpit displays, cabin entertainment, surveillance cameras
Coaxial and triaxial cables
Using the latest technologies and materials, PIC Wire & Cable’s 50ohm coaxial and triaxial cables are designed and manufactured to meet the most stringent electrical and mechanical performance criteria required, including:
- Low loss
- High flexibility
- High EMI immunity
- High temperature
- High corrosion resistance
Compared to RG 393, PIC S67163 is up to 70% lighter and can save 10lb/100ft. Compared to typical lightweight coax cable, PIC S65161 is 30% lighter, 15% smaller, features 22% better shielding and is laser markable.
Aircraft cable benefits
At PIC we are taking aircraft interconnect solutions to a higher level, providing benefits like:
- Increased payload capacity
- Reduced operating cost
- Lower loss-higher EMI immunity
- Smaller bend radius
- Easier installation, termination, routing, reconfiguration
Aircraft cables approved for high-powered systems
PIC Cables are approved for:
- Cockpit avionics: Garmin G100, Honeywell Primus Epic, Honeywell Apex
- TCAS: Garmin GTS Series, L-3 (BF Goodrich) Skywatch, Avidyne TAS Series, ACSS TCAS, Honeywell (Bendix King) CAS Series and Rockwell Collins TCA
- IFE: Honeywell AIS Systems and Rockwell Collins Tailwind Systems
Coaxial, triaxial, high-speed and data-bus cables
PIC offers a broad selection of specialised 50ohm coaxial and triaxial cable, 75ohm coaxial and triaxial cable, high-speed data, data-bus cable, and application-specific cables including IFE, RF, TCAS, and USB cables. All our cables withstand high temperatures and other harsh environments.
PIC has a wide variety of RF connectors, all weather sealed to prevent water and moisture ingression, and designed for reliable high-altitude and high-temperature operation.
Our 75ohm video connectors are true impedance connectors. This is essential in manufacturing low attenuation and VSWR assemblies.
Custom cable assemblies for aircraft
At PIC we know that proper cable assembly is critical to realising the full benefits of our cable and connector technology. ISO 9001 and AS 9100 certified, we offer:
- Certified test process and equipment
- Phase-matched ship sets
- Qualified assembly experts
- Complete lot traceability
- Reliability in harsh environments
- Improved supply chain efficiency
Antenna gaskets for avionic antennas
PICSeal™ conducive antenna gaskets provide easy and reliable sealing of avionic antennas to the aircraft skin. Because they are easy to remove without skin or antenna damage, gate turnaround time can be greatly reduced. Most cables are in stock and available for quick delivery.
Combining quality, service and technology, PIC Wire & Cable is a proven solutions partner delivering incomparable customer value.