VPT’s SV Series of DC-DC converters are mission-proven in systems launching for LEO, MEO, GEO, and deep space missions.
Qualified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class K on DLA SMDs, these off-the-shelf units help you get your system off the ground fast.
Combine our extensive family of DC-DC converters for space with VPT’s point of load converters for space to create a lightweight, extremely efficient, space-ready power system.
Packing 20W in a miniature, lightweight case, the SVHF DC-DC converter is guaranteed radiation tolerant, including ELDRS for the longevity of your space mission.
- Dual outputs of ±5V, ±12V, and ±15V
- Up to 20W output power
- Fault-tolerant design with radiation immune magnetic isolation technology – no optoisolators
- Extra-wide 15V-50V input range per MIL-STD-704, transients to 80V for 1 sec
- Extremely low profile (.330 inches) and lightweight (24g/28g) fully hermetic packaging
- Wide case temperature operation of -55°C-125°C with full performance over a temperature range
- Flanged and non-flanged case styles available
- Fixed switching frequency
- Characterised and guaranteed to 30krads (Si) per VPT’s RHA plan specified per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G, Level P with 2x margin
- Characterised and tested for TID (total ionizing dose) at HDR (high dose rate) and LDR (low dose rate ELDRS) per VPTs RHA plan
- SEE characterised for no destructive events up to LET = 44 MeV-cm2/mg, including SEB, SEL, SEGR, and SEFI. No dropouts, shutdowns, latch up or burn out.
- Characterisation and testing is performed at the critical semiconductor component piece-part level (RLAT) from traceable semiconductor lots
- Characterisation and testing also performed on the SVFL Series hybrid converter produced from the same traceable semiconductor lots evaluated during RLAT
Compliances and certifications
- Available to MIL-PRF-38534 Class K on DLA SMD# 5962-11215
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H element evaluated components standard
- MIL-STD-704 input voltage requirements
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K facility manufacturing
- MIL-STD-883 military and space environmental screening
- Meets MIL-STD-461 C-F conducted emissions requirements when used with a DVMH28 EMI filter
- VPT’s Radiation Hardness Assurance (RHA) Plan certified by DLA to MIL-PRF-38534 Appendix G