Esterline Hytek Finishes Full Service Metal Finishing for Aerospace Applications
Esterline Hytek Finishes is one of the largest independent suppliers of specialized metal finishing, plating, anodizing and organic coating services in North America. For over 50 years, we have served commercial and military aerospace customers with the best combination of services, technical expertise, turnaround and processes available. Hytek is a one-stop shop for all of your surface finishing and testing needs.
Aerospace surface finishing and testing capabilities
Our process capabilities include:
- Plating: chrome plating, chromium plating, hard chrome plating, cadmium plating, titanium-cadmium (Ti-Cad) plating, electroless nickel plating, passivate, phosphate coatings, and copper, tin, and zinc nickel plating
- Titanium and inconel: cleaning and etching, phosphate fluoride, ABF etching and sol-gel
- Surface preparations: shot peening ID / OD, abrasive blasting, polish and buffing
- Non-destructive testing: penetrant inspection, nital etch inspection, magnetic particle inspection, fracture critical and ABF inspection
- Paint and organic coating: aerospace and commercial coatings, dry lube, solid film lubricants, 10-85 aluminum coating, intumescent protective coating, and intricate masking
- Aluminum and magnesium: hardcoat anodize, boric acid anodize, sulfuric acid anodize, chromic anodize, and Dow 7, 17 and19, chemical conversion coating
We are fully Nadcap, and AS9100 accredited and ITAR compliant.
Specialized finishing and shot peening
We specialize in intricate, complicated finishing. We provide all testing and preparatory steps, including shot peening, under one roof, saving you time and money. We provide finishing for a number of new platforms such as the F-35 (JSF), P-8 Poseidon, 787 and Gulfstream G650 to name a few.
Large surface finishing and testing facility with experienced technicians
Our modern facility has room for expansion and runs seven days a week to meet your expediting needs. Ask about our lean/CI efforts and our employee training. Our 250 employees average ten years in our facility. We serve over 750 customers a year, processing 45,000 individual orders.
Aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul
Hytek is a fully certified FAA and EASA repair station, offering our complete inventory of services to the aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) industry.
Aerospace OEM approvals
We hold the widest range of OEM approvals available anywhere. An updated listing of every OEM and specific specifications can be found on our web site.
Our OEMs include:
- Bell Helicopter
- Curtiss Wright
- Lockheed Martin
- Messier Dowty
Hytek’s certifications and accreditations:
- FAA repair station HY7R576J
- EASA 145.6150
- AS9100 accredited
- Nadcap approved: chemical processing, non-destructive testing and shot peening
- ITAR compliant