Diamond’s Mini-AVIM connector has been produced after the market request of a smaller and lighter version of our acclaimed AVIM connector for harsh environments, especially space applications.
The Mini-AVIM combines two leading-edge technologies: the AVIM MILstyle ratchet system and the base construction of Diamond Micro Interface (DMI) connector.
Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) availability and economy backed by component availability from stock and quick turnaround of terminations and assemblies.
The Mini-AVIM is aligned precisely in rotation and therefore can be used for both standard SM and MM fibres, as well as for PM technologies and multi-fibre ferrules or multi-core fibres.
Our Power Solution (PS) technology can also be applied to this connector lower the power density with a GRIN lens to improve resistance to power failure.
Harsh environment applications will range from space to underwater, applying to mobile, avionics, shipboard, and oil downhole.
Features and benefits
- Compact, small and lightweight
- Low loss thanks to Diamond Active Core Alignment (ACA)
- High return loss thanks to Diamond polishing technique and ACA
- Miniaturised MIL-style ratchet system with high vibration/shock resistance
- All titanium – ZrO2 material for ultra-low CTE mismatch