The PSI 28V DC ground power systems are designed for helicopter engine starting and battery charging applications for outdoor ‘point of use’ installation on helipads, plant rooms, drilling ships, offshore oil and gas platforms and cruise ships.
A military rugged duty converter is available for installation on naval vessels, maintenance hangars on aircraft carriers and on training simulators where a heavy duty and reliable isolated DC power source is required.
This fixed power system is designed for connection to the normal 50Hz or 60Hz mains source and provides all types of helicopters and small aircraft with a 28V DC high stability and isolated power supply for critical duty loads and battery charging. It can also be combined with a 400Hz frequency converter as a ‘combi-converter’ for use with military aircraft in hard shelters, avionics repair workshops and simulators.
There is little audible noise and no exhaust fumes or pollution as produced by diesel driven systems or when the aircraft is running its engines / APU. This power unit is designed to deliver the aircraft engine peak starting current up to 2,500A and will keep the battery fully charged whilst the aircraft is on the ground. This reduces battery stress and preserves the life expectancy of the expensive on-board aircraft batteries.
- All-weather IP55 stainless steel enclosure
- NiCd battery pack for on deck open locations
- 12 pulse rectifier
- Input and output cables
- Cable stowage and reeling
- 400Hz and 60Hz input frequency
- Output voltage drop compensation
- Battery charging feature for all types of batteries
- Special paint colours and finish
- Aircraft power connectors to meet user requirements
- Batteries to enable engine start during mains power failure emergency
- Mobile version available