Denel Aviation Aircraft Fleet Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Services
Denel Aviation is primarily a military maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) company seeking to deliver complete aviation solutions, with innovation, quality and value-adding services, through our worldwide partnerships. The organisations main focus is to entrench and expand its position as a strategic partner to the South African Air Force (SAAF) and to leverage its capability base to support local and selected international rotary and fixed wing aircraft markets in the provision of MRO services. Denel Aviation has been providing support services to the SAAF and the greater South African aviation industry for more than 40 years.
Fleet maintenance, repair and overhaul services
For either an airforce or an air fleet to remain successful, constantly evolving MRO support and highly-skilled engineering resources are imperative. You need a partner that is accredited, has a proven track record and has a passion to keep you flying.
We have helped to produce and maintaining fleets for the South African air force and other clients, focusing on design, development, integration, manufacturing, upgrade, servicing and overhaul of aircraft, aircraft systems, aircraft support equipment and aerospace ground support equipment.
We have can provide component workshops, engineering and flight test services for fixed and rotary wing aircraft. These business units provide a total MRO solution to clients and extended services with partnerships through our international affiliates. We also offer an on-site aviation training academy with courses certified by the South African civil aviation authority.
Rotary and fixed-wing aircraft support services
Some of our aerospace projects over the last five years include:
- Fixed wing: B707/B727/B737, Cheetah, C130, Hawk, Gripen
- Rotary wing: Alouette, Bo105, Puma, Oryx (OEM), Rooivalk (OEM), A109, AS350
- Component workshops: transmissions and propellers, hydraulics and pneumatics, landing gears, wheels and brakes, composites
- Avionics / electrical / oxygen, GS&TE calibration
- Engineering and flight test centre: design authority (Oryx), MRO engineering support, avionic HW/SW upgrades, mission planning and debriefing, specialist aerospace services, flight testing, information management, qualification
- OEM, design authority, integration, qualification, product support and program management
- Manpower supply to the SAAF and contract professionals
Aviation support accreditations
Our industry accreditations include:
- Quality control system in accordance ISO 9000 standards
- ISO 9001:2000 (BV)
- AS 9100:2001 (Aerospace Standard – BV)
- SA CAA Part 145 (AM0 262)
- EASA Part 145 (EASA 00724)
- SANAS – Calibration Laboratory (ISO/IEC 17205)
- Eurocopter Accredited Repair Centre (O, I & D Level)
- Agusta A109 (A/988)
- BAE Systems (BAE/ASG/50069/MAA)
- TAA Technical Assistance Services
- SESA Specialising Engineering Services
- SSA Support Services Agreement
- DO178B Software Development