Southco Engineered Access Hardware and Positioning Technology
As a leading global source for engineered access hardware and positioning technology, Southco offers an extensive portfolio of latches, fasteners, hinges and position-control products for a wide range of interior and exterior aerospace applications. These Southco solutions, plus the skills, resources and expertise we possess to satisfy the next-generation of aerospace hardware requirements, create greater opportunities for aerospace manufacturers to be more productive and competitive.
Aircraft engineered access hardware
Southco’s engineered access hardware solutions feature:
- Innovative solutions: intelligent product design, with many vibration-resistant features, enhances reliability and quick access while reducing maintenance costs
- Stylish hardware design: progressive styling complements the aesthetics of cabin interiors to promote customer satisfaction and sales
- Single-source convenience: the ability to access multiple latch, fastening, hinge and position-control solutions from a single source reduces product development time and costs for customers
- Global engineering / manufacturing: generating hardware solutions closer to the point of need provides a more timely and cost-effective outcome
- Global support: Southco sales and support personnel around the globe make it easier to be responsive with prompt information and local assistance when and where you need it
Latches, fasteners, hinges and position-control technology for aerospace applications
Southco hardware’s aerospace applications include latches, fasteners, hinges and position-control technology for:
- Galleys and stowage modules
- Passenger seating (including headrests, armrests, tables and inflight entertainment)
- Cabin interiors (including overhead bins, VIP furniture and first class suites)
- External access panels and fairings
- ‘Remove before flight’ safety locks and covers
- Cockpit instrument and avionic panels
- Electronic bays
- Ground support equipment
Aircraft position-control hinges
Southco’s range of position-control technology comes in the form of constant torque, asymmetric torque, adjustable torque, detent, bi-stable and counter-balanced hinges. Position-control hinges help to enhance the travel experience for passengers with an improved quality to the feel of key touch points, such as LCD screens, drop-down tables, headrests and armrests. Precision-engineered components provide resistance to vibration, which minimises noise nuisance in the aircraft cabin.
Aircraft quick-access fasteners
DZUS® quick access fasteners are one of the foremost names in the world of quick-access fastening and the first choice partner for many of the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers. Southco’s extensive selection of DZUS quarter-turn fasteners satisfy a broad range of requirements for quick access, high strength and economical performance.
Aircraft quick-release pins
LOCKWELL® quick-release pins are the perfect answer where safety, speed of removal and dependability are of paramount importance. They are available in a wide range of sizes, strengths and activation styles for applications from simple retention to mission critical, high load situations.
Southco is a QSLM-certified manufacturer of quick-release pins. LOCKWELL quick-release pins can be manufactured to a variety of NASM and NAS specifications, including NAS1333 to NAS1346, NAS1353 to NAS1366 and MS17984 to MS17990. Parts ordered to NASM and NAS specifications are certified to NAS1332 and NASM23460.
Products and Services
PO Box 0116
210 North Brinton Lake Road
United States of America
International Trade Park
3 Aviation Place
24/F, Tower 2
88 Container Port Road