MIL-STD-1553 IP Cores
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Sital Technology provides world-class products and expertise for communication bus applications in the avionics, aerospace and automotive industries. Sital embeds its vast experience and proficiency in its products, which include MIL-STD-1553 and Digibus IP cores, components, boards and testers, and CAN bus devices and applications.
With its highly experienced staff of experts, the company's projects division undertakes design, integration and turn-key engagements on behalf of the world's leading commercial and military avionics companies, space agencies, and automobile designers and manufacturers. Sital's bus technologies and expertise improve robustness and efficiency, as they lower cost, space and resource utilisation.
Expertise in MIL-STD 1553 and bus applications
Sital's proficiency has been built up over more than 20 years. The founders are veterans of the Israeli Air Force and are experts in MIL-STD 1553 and other bus applications. Working with F15 and F16 military avionics and numerous applications, Sital extended its world-class expertise to commercial and other military aircraft via myriad challenging and highly-successful projects whose results are installed and operating today on thousands of aircraft around the world.
Expanding project by project, Sital took on-board additional skilled hardware and software engineers with expertise in bus applications and related disciplines. Along with the projects it was undertaking, Sital developed IP cores, FPGAs and other components and devices for state-of-the-art bus applications.
When MIL-STD-1553 went into outer space with NASA, Sital extended its capabilities into aerospace applications. Today, space vehicles from North America and Europe are benefiting from the high-performance and robust hardware and software produced by the company.
Working with leading automotive manufacturers, Sital has applied its avionics and aerospace expertise to the rapidly-growing automobile-bus market. CAN bus applications are making major advances based on Sital’s extraordinary ability to apply its capabilities and products to the ever-increasing demands of automotive bus applications.
Sital's formidable customer list includes leading military and commercial organisations throughout the world. Among them are NASA, British Aerospace, Orbital Science, Thales, ECIL(India), Aselsan, Elbit, IAI and many more.
Projects for avionics and automotive manufacturers
In addition to its development and manufacture of hardware and software products, Sital continues to undertake projects for North American, European, and Asian aerospace, avionics and automotive manufacturers and designers.
Technology for bus applications
Sital designs, develops and manufactures numerous families of hardware, testers, and software for bus applications. The company is certified for quality management standard, ISO 9001:2008, for design, production and sales of software, electronic components and products. Sital products include:
- The OCTAVA™ family of MIL-STD-1553 devices integrate MIL-STD-1553B protocol engine, a dual 5-volt transceiver, memory management, processor interface logic, and 4K or 64K words of RAM in a 72-pin plastic quad flat pack (PQFP)
- Minuet™ is a family of 8mm or 17mm square, standalone, MIL-STD-1553B protocol terminals that include bus controller (BC), remote terminal (RT) and monitor (MT)
- V-Orchestra™ is a four or eight-channel MIL-STD-1553B VME board that includes bus controller (BC), remote terminal (RT) and monitor (MT) in each channel
- P-Orchestra™ 2x1553 channel PCI board for RT, BC and monitor applications and development
- Bufalo™ bus fault locator system for CAN-bus applications
- TRA-family MIL-STD-1553 through-the-board and dual-stacked transformers conforming to all electrical and physical parameters of MIL-PRF-21038/27
- ARINC 429 IP Core for FPGAs
- MultiCommBox™ MIL-STD-1553 tester with USB interface
- Luthier™ user-friendly MIL-STD-1553 software tool used to operate Sital’s MIL-STD-1553 boards, components and IP cores
- Digi-Boost™ family of Digibus-compliant transceiver boards and IP cores
Diagnostic technology for bus and wiring faults
The company has developed many unique technologies and products, including the detection of serial-bus faults during operation, an 8-channel PMC board, which can be configured as MIL-STD-1553, H009 or PP-194 (WB-194) in any combination, a single-redundant MIL-STD-1553 8-channel VME board that can connect to a 300m cable with special configurations like HUB, repeater and a multi-redundant bus controller (up to 8x redundancy).
Sital has also developed an exciting technology for finding wiring problems on avionics and automobile networks. Based on measuring reflections of energy while the bus is running, the technology can detect disconnects, short-circuits or any other bus problems that are related to the wires, just by listening to the communications on the bus. Our technology can pin-point the exact location of a problem, even if it happened only once during flight.