TrueTest™ Software can be paired with any ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeter or Photometer to create a complete testing and inspection system for displays, backlight units, illuminated keyboards, LED screens, and assemblies. Designed for high-volume production, TrueTest enables automated quality testing and defect detection, as well as defect classification based on human visual perception.
Comprehensive set of predefined tests, flexible framework, and configurable pass/fail criteria make TrueTest ideal for manufacturers of display devices, embedded displays, and upstream display and component suppliers.
Turnkey system for automated visual inspection of displays and assemblies
The TrueTest software application has five main components:
- Test library
- Test sequencer
- Test manager (user-defined test parameters and pass/fail settings)
- Test execution, automated
- Report generator
TrueTest is easy to use. Any tests from the test library can be added to a test sequence (these are stored, so multiple sequences can be created and recalled as needed), and test parameters and pass/fail settings are input for each test. Then the entire sequence is run, end-to-end, automatically. Individual test results are displayed and can be recorded in a report.
Extensive selection of quality tests built-in
Provided with TrueTest, covers standard quality tests and defect detection, including:
- Line Defects
- Particle Defects
- Pixel Defects
- ANSI Brightness
- ANSI Color Uniformity
- Checkerboard Contrast
- Focus Uniformity
- Compare Points of Interest
- Points of Interest
- Color Edge Mura
- Color Mura
- Diagonal Pattern Mura
- Polarizer Deformation
- Spot Pattern Mura
Additional advanced mura detection tests are available in the optional TrueMURA™ module
Designed for high-volume manufacturing applications
TrueTest is optimized for high-volume manufacturing applications:
- TrueTest supports both an administrator interface for defining tests and test parameters, and a restricted operator mode for running tests
- TrueTest interfaces to a video pattern generator or the device under test (DUT) itself to control test patterns
- TrueTest testing can be initiated by a human operator or directly by a production control system (PCS) in a fully-automated production environment
- TrueTest can interface to the PCS, a barcode reader, or the equivalent to obtain information about the DUT; the test sequence and test parameters can be varied automatically from DUT to DUT based on this information
- TrueTest takes advantage of the high-speed computing technology of modern PCs to take measurements and perform test analyses in parallel, thereby minimizing takt time
Field-proven system for production testing
TrueTest Software is combined with any ProMetric Imaging Colorimeter to create a complete testing system. The specific ProMetric imaging colorimeter chosen will depend on your application’s requirements for resolution, accuracy, and cost.
When you install TrueTest, Radiant Vision Systems application engineers will work with you to integrate and initialize the system, and train you how to perform those operations and how to maintain the system.
The TrueTest product family is field-proven, with installations worldwide, testing millions of components and devices for a broad range of applications. Once in operation, we support you with our global technical support team and distributor network.