SolAero is a high-performance avionics computer in a small housing that can fit any cockpit application.
SolAero has capabilities to drive dual screens at 4K resolution, high-performance video processing, a large number of discrete I/O and networking through several avionics buses. SolAero is particularly well-suited to non-standard custom certifiable cockpit applications optimised for specific aircraft, even at low production volumes.
SolAero comes fully integrated with its SolOS operating system and executable. SolOS provides built-in support for a large number of avionics interfaces and standards for Primary Flight Display, MFD, Navigation Display, Flight Management Systems, EICAS systems, and thus enables fully integrated cockpits for even small volume or customised aircraft.
Development licenses are available for our clients to customise SolAero to their final application on a range of commercial computer platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS. These commercial platforms also allow simulation, integration and user interface testing on non-certified platforms.
- Powerful processor with quad-core ARM Cortex A53 as the main processor
- Independent safety processor
- Designed as a fully airborne computer with DO-160G and DO-254 DAL-A certification
- Fanless, conduction-cooled and hermetically sealed aluminium case housing
- Easy integration with fully pre-loaded software platform SolOS
- Support for a large number of standard avionics interfaces
- Powerful graphics processing for glass cockpit and trainer applications
- Support for four-channel video input with high-speed FPGA-based processing
- Support for non-certified video into the certified cockpit with picture-in-picture
- Certifiable fully integrated glass cockpits
- Certifiable cockpit instruments
- Certifiable UAV airborne flight computer
- Certifiable airborne data processing
- Interfacing legacy video to certified cockpit applications
- Certifiable artificial intelligence support for airborne autonomous flight and decision-making