The ProMetric® Y series is a suite of high-performance imaging photometers from Radiant Vision Systems. ProMetric Y is designed for high-volume production testing of displays, mobile phones, tablets, notebooks, keyboards, lighting products, and complex assemblies.
The ProMetric Y delivers reliable test results and analyses to improve quality and control costs:
- Faster measurements deliver shorter cycle times
- Objective quantification is superior to subjective human inspection
- Faster, more accurate test analysis improves yield
The ProMetric Y2 uses a scientific-grade 2MP (1,600 x 1,200) CCD sensor that is thermoelectrically cooled to provide accurate, repeatable 12-bit measurements. The Y16 provides more resolution with a 16MP (4,896 x 3,264) CCD sensor. The Y29 provides even higher resolution with a 29MP (6,576 x 4,384) CCD sensor. Each ProMetric Y supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications.
Delivering Smart Technology™ Innovations
- Smart Control™ for fast, precise setup: Smart Control allows you to electronically adjust both focus and aperture settings of your lens
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high-accuracy results: ProMetric Y offers a variety of electronically-controlled lenses, each calibrated over a wide range of working distances and aperture settings. ProMetric Y monitors focal distance and aperture settings and automatically applies the correct flat field calibration, greatly simplifying setup and ensuring accurate measurement results
For automated testing, ProMetric Y is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest™ automated visual inspection and PM-KB™ keyboard testing software. This turn-key system is ideal for high-volume manufacturing of displays, illuminated components, light sources, and more.
Key features and highlights
- High-speed: minimum measurement time (photopic) to 0.3 seconds
- High resolution, to 29MP
- IR measurements, using the IR-PMY2, IR-PMY16, and IR-PMY29 Radiometer models
- Multiple lens options: 20mm, 35mm, 50mm and 100mm macro
- ProMetric control and analysis software is standard. TrueTest Automated Visual Inspection Software and PM-KB Software are optional
ProMetric software includes API support, and provides complete measurement control and Point of Interest/Region of Interest functionality. In addition, the ProMetric Y imaging photometers are backed by the industry’s best product warranty, including direct access to the Radiant Vision Systems technical support team to maximize the utility of your application.