Piezoresistive MEMS high-amplitude shock accelerometers represent state-of-the-art industry technology for miniature, high amplitude, DC response acceleration sensors. This series is capable of measuring long duration transient motion as well as responding to and surviving extremely fast rise times, typical of a high-g shock event as found in explosive, gun and impact testing. Both packaged and OEM configurations are offered, to fulfill a variety of installation requirements.
The hermetically sealed sensing element is air-damped with over range stops intended to improve survivability and is a full active Wheatstone bridge with high input resistance for low power consumption. It is micromachined from single crystal silicon and manufactured with the latest advances in etching techniques and equipment using deep reactive ion etching (DRIE).
As with all PCB® instrumentation, these sensors are complemented with toll-free applications assistance, 24-hour technical support, and are backed by a no-risk policy that guarantees total customer satisfaction or your money refunded.
- Single axis and triaxial arrangements
- Mechanical over-range stops improves survivability
- Slight damping reduces resonance amplification
- Excellent amplitude linearity
- Low power consumption
- Piezoresistive low power design for shock recorders and fuzes
- Measurement Ranges: 2k, 20k and 60kg
- Metal-to-metal Impact and Pyroshock
- Data Recorders, Penetrator and Launch Tests
- Consumer Electronics Drop Testing
- Sporting Goods and Impact Tool testing
- Blast Loading and Survivability of Structures
- Fuze, Safe and Arm