The DNx-1553-553 is a high-performance, two-channel MIL-STD-1553 interface. Each channel operates fully independently and provides a complete dual-redundant 1553 interface.
Each channel may be set as 1553a or 1553b, and the ‘b’ interface fully implements specification notices 1 and 2. Each channel is transformer-coupled, though direct coupling is available as an option. Most 1553 functions are implemented by the on-board FPGA. This greatly reduces the burden placed on the Cube CPU and ensures the DNx-1553-553 does not interfere with the functionality of other I/O boards installed.
- Two independent, dual-redundant bus interfaces
- Bus Controller (BC), Remote Terminal (RT) or Bus Monitor (MT) modes
- Multiple RT simulation up to 31 RTs
- Supports 1553A or 1553B protocols (including notice 2)
- Transformer or Direct Coupling