AVIM™ are versatile, commercial off-the-shelf fibre-optic connectors, delivering high optical performance. They are qualified for the dynamic environments of mobile platforms, including avionics and space flight.
These connectors are compatible with the widest range of optical fibres, including single mode (SM), multimode (MM) fibres of all core/cladding sizes.
Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) availability and economy backed by component availability from stock and quick turnaround of terminations and assemblies.
High performance in the form of lowest insertion loss provided by Diamond SA’s unique active core alignment termination process as well as ultra PC/angled PC high return loss for the most demanding, high bandwidth transmission systems.
They are qualified to the highly dynamic vibration and shock environments of military and commercial mobile platforms, including land transportation, avionics, shipboard, downhole, weapon systems, missiles, and space launch.
Features and benefits
- Compact, low profile and lightweight
- Typical 0.2dB loss for most common SM/MM applications
- 45+dB Ultra PC or 65+dB Angled PC SM return loss performance
- Miniaturised MIL-style ratchet system with vibration/shock tolerance to 46 G’s
- Unique AVIM 2-piece cleanable adapter for mounting on aerospace “black” boxes offers external access for cleaning and maintenance of internal connector without compromising tamper seals
- Right angle boot available for facilitating unique installation and routing requirements