In order to guarantee the highest technical performance and to deliver an optimal solution for high-density packaging, Diamond has created the Diamond Micro Interface (DMI) connection system.
Thanks to its minimal space requirement, this system is an ideal solution for printed circuit board (PCB) applications as well as a high-quality interface between active and passive components of fibre-optic installations.
As such, it has been used to replace splices in some applications, improving the modularity at a low height budget impact.
DMI connectors are based on standard ø2.5mm ferrules and are designed to operate with multimode and single mode fibres, 0° PC, as well as 8° APC polished.
Furthermore, the DMI is also available as PM (polarisation-maintaining) and the PS Power Solution interface.
Features and benefits
- Minimum space requirement (footprint of 4.5 x 21 mm)
- Consistent high-performance solution
- Available in PC, APC and PM termination
- Available in PS on custom request due to laser safety issues
- Standard active fibre-core aligned DIAMOND ø2.5 mm ferrule
- Easy installation by use of a standard clip-on system
- DMI assembly tool is available