The aims of the course are to give delegates a full understanding of the audit techniques appropriate for the auditing of any aviation regulation. The training will place clear priority on the technique of integrated auditing including process and the identification of systematic failures as opposed to mere compliance type audit findings.
The objectives of the course are:
- 1. To equip the attendee with the skills and techniques required to manage and execute meaningful audit programs and audits within their respective companies. The research, planning, execution and documentation of the audit will be treated as if it were part of a genuine internal audit
- 2. To give the attendees a number of exercises including raising their own audit plans, checklists and reports in relation to their role, using procedures and audit plans drawn from their own company. This will ensure the course is practical and relevant to each attendee
The benefits of attending the course are:
- 1. To gain a full understanding of the audit techniques appropriate for the auditing function in an aviation regulatory environment
Who should attend
This course is designed to accommodate all aviation auditors regardless of the aviation regulations they operate under
The key topics of the course are:
- Regulatory Framework
- Audit relationships
- Audit philosophies
- Audits and the link to safety
- Some 'Quality-Assured' accidents
- Traditional auditing
- System and process auditing
- The auditor
- The audit styles and techniques
- Difficult situations
- Interview skills
- Planning exercise
- Performing an actual audit
- Opening/closing meetings
- Root cause analysis
- Closing meetings
- Report writing
- Corrective action handling
All Avisa's courses are practical and include exercises which are specific to the trainees' needs and focus on their relevant job function.
All exercises and material will contribute towards a practical audit, thus ensuring realism.
Previous delegate comments
"Delivery tailored to audience; obvious detailed understanding held by trainer."
"It was very helpful to do the content in relation to our MOE."
"The instructor knew his subject inside out and presented it well, the course content was first class and the excellent location helped by the professional and friendly attitude of the hotel staff made this a very worthwhile and enjoyable few days"
"A well structured and efficient training course"
Related AVISA courses
- CAAI EASA Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Approvals
- CAAI EASA Part M Continued Airworthiness for Commercial & Non-Commercial Operators
Dates and availability
Date: 10/03/13. Presenter: Kim Walker. Venue: Al Jabar Aviation & Avisa Gulf Office. Availability: 5+
Date: 15/09/13. Presenter: Kim Walker. Venue: Al Jabar Aviation & Avisa Gulf Office. Availability: 5+
Bespoke / closed course
If you are interested in running a closed or bespoke version of this course, please register your interest using our Bespoke & Closed course enquiry form or contact us to discuss your requirement.
Knowledge of typical Aviation Regulatory structures and typical compliance requirements
Course reference: C003
Course type: technical
Duration: two days